PyroVore Pyrolysis Platform – Waste to Energy System
The PyroVore pyrolysis platform is a flexible, clean, and high performance waste-to-energy system capable of converting a multitude of solid and liquid wastes into useable heat and electricity.
The system can handle both solid combustibles, and liquid waste streams, providing the opportunity to eliminate a wide variety of waste through a single process. The use of pyrolysis reduces the volume of waste sent to landfills by 85-90%, while solely producing ashes as a residual material, which amounts to barely 10-15% of the initial mass of the waste.
The PyroVore platform has a minimum lifespan of 20 years, built to operate 24 hours a day, and contains all the required equipment to treat the combustion gases (dust, NOx, etc.) , and respect all environmental regulations.
- Recycling Ferrous Metals
- Removing aggregate, glass, dangerous substances, oversize items
- Shredding waste to 2 inch minus granular size
Compaction & Pyrolysis
- Waste heated to 800-900°C
- Formation of a gas and vapor mixture: Water, carbon monoxide and dioxide, hydrogen, methane, ethane
- Ashes are the sole output
- Output can be used for heat, steam generation, etc.
- In the form of hot water, steam or thermal oil heating
- For combined heat and power, multiple options are available: Heat & ORC Engines, Packaged Steam Turbines
- Typically 7590-950kW thermal
Modular, deployable pyrolysis plant systems
Kg/hr of sorted RDF waste input
Metric tons per year (MTPY) of sorted RDF waste input
- Built to function 24/7 at a 90% operating rate (7884 hours/year)
- Minimum lifespan of 20 years
- Conform to IED (Industrial Emissions Directive)
- No material fusion during process
- Output produced is solely carbon char and ashes (only 10-15% of initial mass)
Accepted Inputs – Solid Combustibles
Municipal Waste, Construction and Demolition Waste (CDR), Non-Recyclable Plastics, Organic Muds, Animal Carcass Shreds, Biomedical Waste, Bio-Solid Sludge, Tire Shreds, Hazmat
Accepted Inputs – Liquid Waste Streams
Oil Sludge, Oil & Latex Paints, Organic Solvents, Anti-Freeze, Transformer Fluid, Organic Refrigerants and Propellants, Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) – Pesticides & Herbicides.