PyroVore Pyrolysis Platform – Waste to Energy System
The PyroVore pyrolysis platform is a flexible, clean, and high performance waste-to-energy system capable of converting a multitude of solid and liquid wastes into useable heat and electricity.
The system can handle both solid combustibles, and liquid waste streams, providing the opportunity to eliminate a wide variety of waste through a single process. The use of pyrolysis reduces the volume of waste sent to landfills by 85-90%, while solely producing ashes as a residual material, which amounts to barely 10-15% of the initial mass of the waste.
The design is an evolution of an existing and proven system that has nearly 100,000 hours service record in the British Navy, US Army, UK clinical waste and municipal waste markets.
The PyroVore platform has a minimum lifespan of 20 years, built to operate 24 hours a day, and contains all the required equipment to treat the combustion gases (dust, NOx, etc.) , and respect all environmental regulations.
- Recycling Ferrous Metals
- Removing aggregate, glass, dangerous substances, oversize items
- Shredding waste to 2 inch minus granular size
Compaction & Pyrolysis
- Waste heated to 800-900°C
- Formation of a gas and vapor mixture: Water, carbon monoxide and dioxide, hydrogen, methane, ethane
- Ashes are the sole output
- Products can be recovered from the ash (post pyrolysis) for reuse, recycling or
resale. For example metals which have been encased in plastic, or compounds
that can be reclassified as a product.
- Output can be used for heat, steam generation, etc.
- In the form of hot water, steam or thermal oil heating
- For combined heat and power, multiple options are available: Heat & ORC Engines, Packaged Steam Turbines
- Typically 750-950kW thermal
Modular, deployable pyrolysis plant systems
Kg/hr of sorted RDF waste input
Metric tons per year (MTPY) of sorted RDF waste input
- Built to function 24/7 at a 90% operating rate (7884 hours/year)
- Minimum lifespan of 20 years
- Conform to IED (Industrial Emissions Directive)
- No material fusion during process
- Output produced is solely carbon char and ashes (only 10-15% of initial mass)
Accepted Inputs – Solid Combustibles
Municipal Waste, Construction and Demolition Waste (CDR), Non-Recyclable Plastics, Organic Muds, Animal Carcass Shreds, Biomedical Waste, Bio-Solid Sludge, Tire Shreds, Hazmat
Accepted Inputs – Liquid Waste Streams
Oil Sludge, Oil & Latex Paints, Organic Solvents, Anti-Freeze, Transformer Fluid, Organic Refrigerants and Propellants, Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) – Pesticides & Herbicides.