Pyrolysis Platform – Waste to Energy System
The pyrolysis platform is a flexible, clean, and high performance waste-to-energy system capable of converting a multitude of solid and liquid wastes into useable heat and electricity.
The system can handle both solid combustibles, and liquid waste streams, providing the opportunity to eliminate a wide variety of waste through a single process. The use of pyrolysis reduces the volume of waste sent to landfills by 85-90%, while solely producing ashes as a residual material, which amounts to barely 10-15% of the initial mass of the waste.
The platform has a minimum lifespan of 20 years, built to operate 24 hours a day, and contains all the required turn-key system components for pyrolysis gas cleansing and emissions control abatement compliant with EPA and IED environmental regulations.
- Recycling of metals, glass, aggregate and oversize constituents
- Pre-processing to Refuse-Derived- Fuel (RDF)
- RDF heated to 800-900°C
- Generation of pyrolysis gas «syngas»
- Pyrolysis gas cleansing & cooling to produce a clean burn combustible gaseous fuel
- The pyrolysis gas fuels a gas engine generator set for electricity generation and heat recovery for hydronic heating
- Char is the sole solid reject
- Products can be recovered from the char (post pyrolysis) for reuse, recycling or
resale. For example metals which have been encased in plastic, or compounds
that can be reclassified as a product.
- Output can be used for process heat, steam / hot water generation, etc.
- In the form of hot water, steam or thermal oil heating
- Built to function 24/7 at a 90% operating rate (7884 hours/year)
- Minimum lifespan of 20 years
- Conform to IED (Industrial Emissions Directive)
- Output produced is solely carbon char and ashes (only 10-15% of initial mass)
Accepted Inputs – Solid Combustibles
Municipal Waste, Construction and Demolition Waste (CDR), Non-Recyclable Plastics, Organic Muds, Animal Carcass Shreds, Biomedical Waste, Bio-Solid Sludge, Tire Shreds, Hazmat
Accepted Inputs – Liquid Waste Streams
Oil Sludge, Oil & Latex Paints, Organic Solvents, Anti-Freeze, Transformer Fluid, Organic Refrigerants and Propellants, Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) – Pesticides & Herbicides.